Our Installation Process:
- We remove the existing surface down 9 1/2″ to 11 1/2″
- Then we install 6″-8″ of crushed aggregate base to create a firm but flexible foundation.
- Next we add a 1″ layer of bedding sand.
- Individual Paving Stones are then placed by hand into the bedded sand, to ensure a perfect fit. Then a plate vibrator is passed over the stones, locking them into place
- Finally, a layer of sand is swept over the Paving Stones. We pass the plate vibrator over the surface a second time, forcing the sand into the joints from the top. This completes the permanent interlocking process. We also place our unique concrete bond beams to protect the Paving Stones from shifting.